Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Scarpa's ready to listen

Scarpa's ready to listen

Been sitting on this one awhile simply because there's no point whining when there's no chance of being heard. That quandary is about to change.

Scarpa's New Telemark Boot Program?

Make your vote count here.

ain't no turn like tele!

oh man... I am giddy with excitement, vibrating with anticipation. Can't wait to read it....

Well I did the survey, but years on teles only went to 21+ years. I started to tele in 1976

I asked for a 1200 gram ski boot, with a Grilamid shell. Easier to mould the boot shell; oh and more ROM in the cuff for touring. Inserts front and back of course.

ps. everyone inflate your income, then Scarpa will think they can sell more tele boots
    Last edited by chamonix; 6th January 2017 at 11:31 AM.

Amazing! I'm super excited to see the new developments. I ski the TX Pro (the 2 pairs I have both have heel and toe tech inserts - yes!) and would really appreciate a more even flex: bellows vs cuff. (bellows are too soft). I have 2 pairs because the usual 27.0 (previous Scarpa boots) were too volumous and my feet slid around, banging the ends. So I got the 27.5, which work better but are a touch loose feeling - at least there is no bang.

Side note to Dostie: everyone can see the survey results which include emails - for privacy, that field should be removed from the displayed info in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jnicol View Post
    Side note to Dostie: everyone can see the survey results which include emails - for privacy, that field should be removed from the displayed info in my opinion.
    Thanks for the heads up. Not my survey, but I'll notify the responsible party.

Quote Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
    Well I did the survey, but years on teles only went to 21+ years. I started to tele in 1976
    Well, I did have a hand in creating the survey Qs. I limited time on tele's to 21+ years. By that time, you're an expert or as good as you'll probably ever get. Additional years may only hinder results. The reality is the folks with less years are more likely to buy new gear. Exhibit A: Teleman.
    Last edited by Dostie; 6th January 2017 at 12:28 PM.

ain't no turn like tele!

Thanks for the link.

Nice! Let's lobby for useful mods.... one or more of the buckles should be able to function as a no-spill churchkey!
    Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

One more entry for the curmudgeons. I was hoping for the question "what kind of boot would you like scarpa to produce?" and had my answer ready "something like the Garmont Excursion"

does flailing around on skinnies count as telemarking? then I can almost match Chamonix's 1976....

Didn't we have this before with 75mm? Three good options: T1, T2, T3 (mainly lift; mixed or aggressive BC; primarily light BC) would be nice - with a range of progressive stiffness and buckles. They all should have tech toes and tech heels. NTN toes and duck butts - goes without saying. And even flex across the entire boot - but that may inhibit use with Rotte's own bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dostie View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Not my survey, but I'll notify the responsible party.
    Yeah, figured you'd at least know who to talk to.